“Be fearless and unapologetic in the fierce pursuit of your goals and be just as passionate about helping people.” — Charlie Oliver
Charlie’s years of experience in the trenches of old media include working in advertising in New York at such media goliaths as BBDO Worldwide and Condé Nast, to producing sitcoms and dramas at Sony Pictures Entertainment, Paramount Pictures, Warner Brothers, Dreamworks and Oscar-award winning indie production companies, to event management at the Sundance Film Festival.
After spending several years in corporate law in document review at global firms (White & Case, Clifford Chance and Wachtel Lipton, to name a few), Charlie segued seamlessly into tech and new media as a web video producer where she co-created and co-produced experimental video projects such as an 8-hour live webathon for the 2008 presidential election and numerous web video series. Soon thereafter, Charlie launched ArtofTalk.tv (a site that brought the vast world of tv, web and radio talk shows online to Users in bite-size video snippets of debates and interviews in social media).
In 2009, Charlie launched Served Fresh Media™ (a New York-based company) where her team provides digital marketing strategy, event management, product development, and senior management advisory for companies. Clients Served Fresh Media has worked with include IBM, New York Press Club, Cognizant, Digital Flash, Digital Realty, Tierpoint, and It’s About Time, among others.
January 2017, Charlie launched Tech 2025 — a community and platform for professionals to learn about the next wave of disruptive, emerging technologies and to facilitate discourse about the impact of these technologies on society with an emphasis on problem-solving. Having produced over 80 events since they launched, coupled with providing professional services, Tech 2025 has quickly gained a reputation for helping professionals and companies to understand and embrace emerging technologies and the whirlwind changes they bring, and to strategize for the future impact of accelerating innovation.
- Advisor on the Product Advisory Board at CareerGig (building the Verified On-Demand Workforce™)
- Mentor at Aves Lair Blockchain & AI Accelerator (developing startups and technologies in AI, Blockchain, Cloud and Data Analytics)
- Charlie is named as one of LightHouse3 100 Leading Women in AI Ethics
- Charlie included as one of 25 global AI experts in Fleishman Hillard’s report, AI & Communications – Fad, Fears, Future. (Charlie is on pages 7 and 17)
- Charlie featured in the new report, Guide to Responsible Tech: How to Get Involved & Build a Better Tech, published by All Tech Is Human. (Charlie is on page 84)
- Do You Know The Women On The Block? Here are Six (Charlie featured as one of 6 influencers in blockchain) (Forbes)
- sparks & honey Daily Culture Briefing Show (episode link)
- IBM thinkLeaders Podcast: Demystifying AI: ethics, accessibility & our feelings about AI feat. Sameer Maskey & Charlie Oliver (episode link)
- Future of Life Institute Podcast: Giving a Global Voice to the AI Discussion with Charlie Oliver and Randi Williams (episode link)
- Tech Intersect with Tanya M. Evans Podcast: Charlie Oliver-Preparing for Web 3.0 Relevance is Mission Critical (episode link)
- Agile World Podcast: Technology and Customer Experience (episode link)
- Funny as Tech Podcast: What is the future of work? (episode link)
- Your Business Greatness: How to Use Your Determination and Resiliency to Drive Your Success (episode link)
- Momenta Edge Podcast: How Community Can Bridge Tech and Society as the Era of AI Approaches (episode link)
- Daily Tech News Show Podcast: Ghost in the Machine (episode link)
- Better Mousetrap Podcast: How Not to Be Passive Consumers of Technology (episode link)
Past Speaking Engagements
Charlie regularly speaks at events on emerging technology, community building, global and corporate innovation, employee engagement, and digital media marketing.
- Reality Check: Why AI Has Failed to Live Up to Its Hype in the Pandemic – Charlie facilitated and moderated a panel of AI experts.
- Virtual Workshop: How to Develop a Purpose-Driven Technology Upskilling Roadmap for Your Career (hosted by global nonprofit organization, Dress for Success) – Charlie developed and presented this workshop. (info)
- Towards a Fearless Future: a Technology News Roundtable at BraveIT 2000 Virtual Conference – Charlie facilitated and moderated a news roundtable discussion with thought- leaders in tech. (info)
- The China Tech Revolution and Why It Matters (hosted by South China Morning Post and Abacus) – Charlie interviewed Abacus’ Head of Product and Managing Editor.
- Women on Tech: How Are Female Entrepreneurs Using Technology to Tackle Global Challenges? – Charlie facilitated and moderated a discussion with women entrepreneurs from around the world. (info)
- Virtual Workshop: Technology and the Post-Pandemic Workforce — Charlie developed and presented this workshop for nonprofit organization, Dress for Success (info)
- Small Business B2B and B2C Marketing Tools for Success: Tech Expansion 2020 (Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce): Charlie facilitated and moderated a panel discussion with entrepreneurs and small business owners on the impact of tech on marketing reach and influence.
- Return on the Future (Customer Experience): Charlie gave the morning keynote and moderated a panel on customer experience and emerging technologies. (info)
- The Most Powerful Women in Banking 2019 – Live fireside chat interview with Cathy Bessant, Chief Operations and Technology Officer, Bank of America (info)
- Womin’s Lounge at Consensus 2019 – Charlie spoke on the lack of engagement and research on consumers as a barrier to the mass adoption of blockchain (info)
- Decentralized NYC 2019 for Blockchain Week – Charlie spoke about the promise and perils of liberation technologies (like blockchain) (info)
- CSPO 20th Anniversary Conference: Rightful Place of Science-2 – hosted by Arizona State University’s School for the Future of Innovation in Society, Charlie spoke on how scientists and technologists can engage in fruitful science discourse in social media. (info)
- Create Tech 2019 – conference for creative technologists and leaders in advertising and marketers, Charlie co-emceed the event and moderated the panel, AI, Innovation & Creativity (info)
- All Tech Is Human: A Summit on Ethical Tech – How Does Tech Make You Feel? – panelist at live show and podcast taping (info)
- 4As Stratfest 2018 – moderated a panel on the future of AI in advertising agencies (info).
- Conference on World Affairs (info) – each April, a hundred fascinating luminaries from the widest range of backgrounds gather for what The New York Times calls “a week-long extravaganza of discussion and debate” on more than 200 sessions over five days. Charlie spoke on the following topics:
— Alexa, Who Is Tracking Me? Privacy Today
— Modern Marketing: Who’s Listening?
— The Power Behind #MeToo
— I’m Not Bossy, I’m the Boss
— Bombastic Brazen Blockchain
— Siri and the Catfish: Technology and Modern Love
- Women on the Block: Diversity Blockchain Conference – Charlie spoke on building global blockchain communities (info)
- Architecting Data+Science Communities: Fireside Chat hosted by Machine Learning Society – Charlie spoke on how to build dynamic and diverse communities in Machine Learning and Data Science (info)
- Sree’s Social Media Weekend: How Local Social Media Can Leverage Big-Brand Strategies -Charlie spoke on how small businesses can leverage emerging technologies to engage and grow customers. (info)
- The Human Difference – Leadership in a Digital World (Duke Corporate Leadership Conference for c-suite executives) – Charlie and the Tech 2025 team created an immersive experience that focused on AI inspiration and practical implementation that challenged attendees to think differently and more creatively about AI. (info)